Monday, September 19, 2011

Time Flies...

So it's been almost 2 months since my last blog post...I have no idea where the time has gone! All I can say is that it's been crazy around here lately! Fall always has a way of feeling like this to me...hopefully things will settle down by Christmas (wow...did I just say Christmas...I can't start thinking about that yet, we're not even into October)! 

For our family, the hustle and bustle started with back to school very early in August...it seems like school starts earlier and earlier every year! In addition to all of the back to school shopping we spent plenty time preparing Charlotte's emergency box and daily D kit (that she carries with her everywhere), updating emergency forms for school staff, and meeting with Charlotte's new teacher for a Type 1 "crash course"! Fortunately everything went very smoothly...we are truly blessed to have such a great school staff! Of course there's no rest for the weary around here so before the dust even got a chance to settle we began planning Charlotte's birthday party! (Talk about time flying....how in the world is my little baby 8 years old already!!!) The party with family was supposed to take place Labor Day weekend, but unfortunately it ended up cancelled...Tropical Storm Lee had other plans for us :(    So now I'm working on a combined birthday party for Charlotte and her little sister...I'm holding out hope for beautiful weather and cooler temperatures early next month!

Between the daily grind of work, managing our family and home...not to mention dealing with the highs and lows of T1...I've been getting our annual Walk to Cure preparations underway! I'm hoping that I can get our shirt design finalized by this weekend and start getting a list together of our team members and their shirt sizes (hint, hint team members).

I can't believe our walk is less than 2 months away already! Our fundraising has started off with a bang and I hope we can keep the momentum going! So with that...our family team letters will be hitting the post office this week...and our annual Walk video has finished production! So sit back and enjoy...while I go catch my breath :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Good to hear from you AND good luck with the Walk. Love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you... glad to hear your "voice" again. Loved the video, Charlotte is adorable!

    ReplyDelete